
Zuma asked to join anti-terror march in Tunis
Tunisian president Beji Caid Essebsi’s invited President Jacob Zuma to join him and other African and world leaders on Sunday in his capital for a

Tunisian president Beji Caid Essebsi’s invited President Jacob Zuma to join him and other African and world leaders on Sunday in his capital for a

Tunisia’s president says a third attacker involved in last week’s slaying of 25 people in the heart of the capital is still on the run.

By Jean-Jacques Cornish The Jihadi group Islamic State has claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s attack in Tunis. It left 23 people – 20 of them tourists

Jihadi group Islamic State has claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s attack in Tunis that killed 23 – including 20 tourists. President Barak Obama’s telephoned his Tunisian

Tunisian officials say the two terrorists who gunned down 23 people in the capital on Wednesday were trained in neighbouring Libya. President Beji Caid Essebsi

Tunisian authorities know at least one of the two gunmen killed after slaying 19 tourists and others in the capital yesterday. There has, however, been

Tunisia’s interior ministry’s confirming that a South African is among those killed in yesterday’s terror attack in their capital. He says there are also South

Tunisian security authorities have arrested four people in connection with yesterday’s slaying of 23 people, mostly foreign tourists, in the capital. Two of the terrorists

There’s been international condemnation for yesterday’s attack in central Tunis that left 19 people – mostly tourists – dead. The Tunisian government, commended for its

By Jean-Jacques Cornish Yesterday’s terror attack in Tunia shows the country that gave birth to the Arab Spring four years ago is paying the price
Jean-Jacques Cornish is a journalist and broadcaster who has been involved in the media all his adult life.
Starting as a reporter on his hometown newspaper, he moved briefly to then Rhodesia before returning to South Africa to become a parliamentary correspondent with the South African Press Association. He was sent to London as Sapa’s London editor and also served as special correspondent to the United Nations. He joined the then Argus group in London as political correspondent.
Returning to South Africa after 12 years abroad, he was assistant editor on the Pretoria News for a decade before becoming editor of the Star and SA Times for five years.
Since 1999 he’s been an independent journalist writing and broadcasting – mainly about Africa – for Talk Radio 702 and 567 Cape Talk, Radio France International, PressTV, Radio Live New Zealand, Business Day, Mail & Guardian, the BBC, Agence France Press, Business in Africa, Leadership, India Today, the South African Institute for International Affairs and the Institute for Security Studies.
He has hosted current affairs talk shows on Talk Radio 702 and 567 Cape Talk. He appears as an African affairs pundit on SABC Africa and CNBC Africa.
He lectured in contemporary studies to journalism students at the Tshwane University of Technology and the University of Pretoria.
He speaks on African affairs to corporate and other audiences.
He has been officially invited as a journalist to more than 30 countries. He was the winner of the 2007 SADC award for radio journalism.
He’s been a member of the EISA team observing elections in Somaliland, Democratic Republic of Congo, Madagascar, Zimbabwe, Egypt and Tunsiai.
In October 2009 he headed a group of 39 African journalists to the 60th anniversary celebrations of the Peoples’ Republic of China.
In January 2010 he joined a rescue and paramedical team to earthquake struck Haiti.
He is immediate past president of the Alliance Francaise of Pretoria.
Jean-Jacques is a director of Giant Media. The company was given access to Nelson Mandela in his retirement years until 2009.
He is co-producer of the hour-long documentary Mandela at 90 that was broadcast on BBC in January 2009.
Web design by Web Guys